How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
When it’s time to find a new car, there are many models that catch your eye on lots around Hamburg, but you may be wondering, “How can I sell my car?” At many of the dealerships you see around town, dealers will offer to buy your car through a buyback program, or allow you to trade-in your model if you’ve found a Cadillac you love. Learning how to sell a car at a dealership means you can save on your next model, or walk out with your vehicle’s value. Read on with Robert Basil Cadillac to learn how selling your car to a dealership works.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work
Selling your car around East Aurora doesn’t have to bring you stress. If you’re asking, “is it hard to sell my car?” Follow these straightforward steps for how to sell a car at a dealership:
- Clean Up Your Car: Start by presenting the best picture. Take the time to replace small parts like windshield wipers and floor mats, then take it for a car wash or detailing to increase its value before heading to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: If you’ve put work into your vehicle, be sure to write down a list of additional features and accessories like extra key fobs and bike mounts. Having a detailed maintenance record also helps increase the value and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: When you’re ready to sell, bring your title as it saves time and allows your offer to be processed faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Tools like our trade-in value estimator or websites like Cars.com or Kelley Blue Book help you find the current value of your car, and any other research relevant to your model. Use these tools to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to offer for your car.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: Consider whether you’re better off selling to a new or used car dealership. Gently used and newer models will often sell around West Seneca regardless of the dealer’s inventory, however, if you have an older model, you’ll find that it may be easier to sell at a used car dealership.
What to Expect When Selling to a Dealership
Now that you know what you can do to be prepared, here’s how selling your car to a dealership works:
- Make an Appointment: Dealerships like Robert Basil Cadillac will gladly accept walk-ins, but you can save time by making an appointment and letting the dealer prepare the proper documents.
- Used Car Manager: Once you’re at the dealership, you’ll meet with the Used Car Manager or a salesperson to start the process. From there, they’ll collect your information and run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: An inspection will be handled by either the Used Car Manager or it’ll be taken to the service center for a thorough inspection of its interior and exterior condition by our technicians.
- Consider the Offer: The dealership will make an offer, and you can deduce whether to accept it or shop around dealerships for other offers.
Advantages of Selling to a Dealership
You can see that learning how to sell your car to a dealership is a straightforward process, but it also comes with a couple benefits:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Making the effort to list your car online, field potential buyers, and schedule test drives at your home can take up your time and cause stress. Avoid the extra hassle by selling to a dealership.
- Lower Your New Car Price: If you already have a new car in mind, using your current vehicle as a trade-in allows you to offset the purchase price, or even lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: Trading in your vehicle also helps you save on taxes. With your trade-in, you’ll only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of the new vehicle.
Trust Robert Basil Cadillac to Sell Your Car!
Still wondering, “how can I sell my car?” At Robert Basil Cadillac, we’re dedicated to making the car selling and buying process simple and straightforward. Reach out to our team at Robert Basil Cadillac if you have any more questions. Then, be sure to take a look at our guides like buying vs. leasing vehicles or other service tips, and be prepared for the roads around Orchard Park.
More from Robert Basil Cadillac
When it comes to luxury SUVs around Hamburg, there’s a few vehicles that generate the excitement and interest as a Cadillac XT4. Since its introduction in 2019, it’s gained numerous fans in Orchard Park and beyond. Now five years into its run, Cadillac is announcing some changes for their 2024 model year. Cadillac ResearchContact…
Leading global automakers – BMW Group, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz Group, and Stellantis NV – are forming a collaborative effort to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles (EVs) in North America. The goal? Optimize and enhance the availability and efficiency of EV charging continent-wide. Cadillac Research New Vehicle Inventory In…
Looking for a bold new Cadillac vehicle in the Hamburg area? The all-electric 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ is guaranteed to take your East Aurora commute to the next level. However, many drivers are still curious about the 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ price point. You’ll find that the 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ price begins at $62,990 MSRP. Find out…